agenda and make sure I wasn’t supposed do anything to prepare.
3. Dang – we’re supposed to do status
updates. No problem, I’ve got 8 more minutes.
but bran muffins and fruit. I hate this new wellness stuff. I really miss
donuts. Chocolate cover glazed Krispy Creams.
they still in business? I’ll Google it…
6. Oops, now I’m running late. I’ll make up some status
on the way there. Hopefully I won’t get called to go first.
7. Slid in just in time! Better to be right on the dot. Too early
means you’ve got too much time on your hands, and too late and you get last pick of the donuts.
9. OK, who do I sit next to…..
11. Ah, an open chair at the end next to Alex – grab it!
13. ….and check my emails….and Buzzfeed….ah, gotta send
this one over to Alex
laughing…. I’d better join in.
15. Suck-ups. not. at. all. funny.
17. All right, time to think up a few status
updates….they have to be impressive, but not too braggy…. Damn, it’s hard to do
this and fake like I’m listening to these other updates at the same time!
Waaay too much detail, and never, ever admit you’re having a problem!
hard to watch!
19. Whoa, backwards freefall! Did I
just nod off?
Stall! “I’m not sure I understand the question…what is it that you’re looking
21. Whew, a narrow escape. Boo-ya!
23. So far so good – lot’s of head nods, boss seems
interested, in a zone, feeling the flow….
stupid as I think it did? What a dork! Never mind, quick, on to the next
update, don’t pause, go, go, go…..
25. Whew. Nailed it. No questions. Left ‘em dazed and
confused. Or bored to tears. In any case, on to the next victim – turn quickly and over to you Alex!
kill for a donut right now.
27. OK, the end is near and the boss is droning on, time for some nodding,
assiduous and ostentatious note-taking, occasional exclamations and eye contact
with others.. and a snarky text to Dave.
lap, and I don’t have a single action item! Poor Dave – he just got appointed
chair of a task force.
29. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1….. and the meeting is o-vah! Freedom! Let my
hob-nobbing (avoid eye contact with Dave, he’s looking for task force volunteers), and then I’m off in search of a box chocolaty-glazed heaven!